www.flickr.com
items in CdLS Awareness through Photos More in CdLS Awareness through Photos pool

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thursday 13 ~ Week 7 Edition G



Welcome back to Thursday 13 alphabetical style! I am not going to jinx myself again by saying that I am getting the post started at a reasonable time and should get it posted on Thursday. The last couple times I did that it was Friday before I got it done. But right now the girls are playing at the open window by our computer desk. They have their little princesses lined up on the ledge with Scooby fruit snacks yelling hi at our neighbor Willard as he mows his lawn. Joey is pulling on my pants leg ~ his way of saying "Mom, get off that computer and play with me!" And one of the cats has sprawled himself across the top of the desk. Prognosis of an actual Thursday 13 post getting out on a Thursday? Not good.

1. Goals ~ Joey's therapists and teachers set lots of goals for him. I am happy to say he meets and exceeds them all the time! Yay for Joe!

2. Giggle ~ The sound of a child's giggle just warms my heart. I am partial to a certain 5 giggles, but any child laughing is a wonderful sound.

3. Golf ~ Shawn used to be an avid golfer. Note I said used to be. No more time for that these days!

4. Grass ~ I love the smell of fresh cut grass. I actually don't mind mowing the lawn - just don't tell my hubby!

5. Glasses ~ John and Tommie wear glasses. I recently got my first pair ever a few weeks ago. It is so nice to see without squinting!

6. Grateful ~ I am eternally grateful for the many blessings in my life.

7. Garage Sales ~ Love 'em. I try to go whenever I get a chance. About 2 or 3 years ago, Shawn told me to take up a hobby or an activity to get out of the house. The result? Garage sales. Now he tells me I need to stop going and have one of my own. Let me see..hmmmmmm..NO!

8. Good Night Moon ~ One of our favorite books!

9. Grapes ~ A favorite amongst the kiddos! ( And me too!)

10. Gorillas ~ A must see when we go to the zoo. They can be so funny and interesting to watch.

11. General ~ Does John call me Mom, Mother or Mommy? No. He calls me General. (Affectionately, of course!)

12. Grill ~ We love to grill out when the weather is nice. Makes for easy clean up!

13. Gadolinium ~ The G word of the week. It is defined as 1. a ductile silvery-white ductile ferromagnetic trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group 2. A supposed rare metallic element, with a characteristic spectrum, found associated with yttrium and other rare metals. Its individuality and properties have not yet been determined.





Come back next week for some hair raising havoc with the letter H!

9 comments:

  1. Thanks! You have a great list and a great blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Thursday Thirteen:)However I noticed the group has moved. Do you know where they are now? I loved doing these.
    Hugs, sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos of the girls with their princesses :-) These lists are so much fun to read! I'm with you on the lawn mowing...I love it, much better that doing laundry or dishes!

    I had to laugh about the word of the week...you could have several more "words of the week" from the definition of this week's word, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those princesses are so cute in the window!!!!!!!!!!! love it!

    and goodnight moon is a favorite here too. i think even mason likes it because he enthusiastically tries to rip out the pages when i read it to him ;)... and jaiden still enjoys it sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I love the smell of grass, but unless there's a tractor around, don't ask me to cut it!

    Cute pics of the girls with their princesses in the window!

    Justine :o )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very good list!! I love giggle and grass and gorillas!! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for visiting my blog. I love meeting new people. You did excellent with your list of G's by the way.

    Your family and blog is beautiful. Come back anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I like G better than all the rest! The garage sales one was quite funny too!

    The photos are so cute. I can imagine walking around my neighborhood and seeing that in one of the houses. :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another fun list! Goodnight Moon is one of our favorites too. I love children's giggles :)
    The pictures at the end with the girls and their princess' are so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thank your for stopping by our blog! Your kind comments are appreciated!

Our Guestbook