Thursday, April 30, 2009
Thursday 13 ~ Week 7 Edition G
Welcome back to Thursday 13 alphabetical style! I am not going to jinx myself again by saying that I am getting the post started at a reasonable time and should get it posted on Thursday. The last couple times I did that it was Friday before I got it done. But right now the girls are playing at the open window by our computer desk. They have their little princesses lined up on the ledge with Scooby fruit snacks yelling hi at our neighbor Willard as he mows his lawn. Joey is pulling on my pants leg ~ his way of saying "Mom, get off that computer and play with me!" And one of the cats has sprawled himself across the top of the desk. Prognosis of an actual Thursday 13 post getting out on a Thursday? Not good.
1. Goals ~ Joey's therapists and teachers set lots of goals for him. I am happy to say he meets and exceeds them all the time! Yay for Joe!
2. Giggle ~ The sound of a child's giggle just warms my heart. I am partial to a certain 5 giggles, but any child laughing is a wonderful sound.
3. Golf ~ Shawn used to be an avid golfer. Note I said used to be. No more time for that these days!
4. Grass ~ I love the smell of fresh cut grass. I actually don't mind mowing the lawn - just don't tell my hubby!
5. Glasses ~ John and Tommie wear glasses. I recently got my first pair ever a few weeks ago. It is so nice to see without squinting!
6. Grateful ~ I am eternally grateful for the many blessings in my life.
7. Garage Sales ~ Love 'em. I try to go whenever I get a chance. About 2 or 3 years ago, Shawn told me to take up a hobby or an activity to get out of the house. The result? Garage sales. Now he tells me I need to stop going and have one of my own. Let me see..hmmmmmm..NO!
8. Good Night Moon ~ One of our favorite books!
9. Grapes ~ A favorite amongst the kiddos! ( And me too!)
10. Gorillas ~ A must see when we go to the zoo. They can be so funny and interesting to watch.
11. General ~ Does John call me Mom, Mother or Mommy? No. He calls me General. (Affectionately, of course!)
12. Grill ~ We love to grill out when the weather is nice. Makes for easy clean up!
13. Gadolinium ~ The G word of the week. It is defined as 1. a ductile silvery-white ductile ferromagnetic trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group 2. A supposed rare metallic element, with a characteristic spectrum, found associated with yttrium and other rare metals. Its individuality and properties have not yet been determined.
Come back next week for some hair raising havoc with the letter H!