Thursday, April 16, 2009
Thursday 13 ~ Week 5 Edition "E"
I am going to go out on a limb and say that I might actually get my Thursday 13 post done at a decent time today. Of course, the minute I say that somebody around here will cry, fall down, want something to eat or drink, break something , get their hair pulled, need a ride to or picked up from somewhere. I will admit I am a little apprehensive about the letter E ~ we will have to see what comes about! Here we go...
1. Evaluations ~ Joey has had his fair share. Doctors, specialists, therapists, teachers ~ you name 'em, he's probably been evaluated by 'em.
2. Escalators ~ I don't like them. I will ride them, but I hate the getting on/getting off part. I am always afraid I will fall.
3. Eggs ~ We colored 4 dozen for Easter. We won't be craving hard boiled eggs for quite awhile.
4. Emma ~ Our 4 year old daughter. Her full name is Emmaletha Mae. She is named for Shawn's great grandma named Emma, my Grandma named Letha, and Shawn's Grandma Mae. They all passed away prior to Emma's birth.
5. Eveready ~ Batteries. You can get 4 of them in any size at Walmart for like 94 cents. So not worth it. They run out of power in like an hour. Definately have to go with Duracell. I apologize to anyone reading this who may work for the Eveready battery company.
6. Episode ~ I rarely get to watch an episode of a TV show at its regularly scheduled time. Thank goodness for DVR!!
7. Edward ~ Joey's middle name. His great grandpa on Shawn's side was named Edward. He passed away when Joey was about 2.
8. Express ~ Joey is learning new ways to communicate and express himself. He can use PECS and is working on using a Mighty Mo.
9. Equine ~ Joey will be starting his 3rd season of horseback riding therapy soon. We can't wait!
10. Education ~ All 5 of the kids will be off to get their educations this fall. John to 10th grade, Tommie to 8th grade, Joey to kindergarten, and Emma and Abbie off to preschool. Oh, what's a mother to do? Ummmmm....I'm sure I can find something.
11. Ewwwwwww! ~ Usually followed by Mom, I can't change a stinky diaper!
12. Energy ~ I wish I had half the kid's energy. Where do they get it?
13. Ebullient ~ Our E word of the week. It means boiling up or over; hence manifesting exhilaration or excitement, as of feeling; effervescing.
Come back next week for our fabulous friend ~ the letter F!