www.flickr.com
items in CdLS Awareness through Photos More in CdLS Awareness through Photos pool

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thursday 13 ~ Week 3 Edition "C"



What’s the Thursday 13?
The Thursday 13 is a weekly meme with a simple theme: each Thursday you blog a list of 13 things. What kind of things? Any kind! Just come up with a list theme and run with it. One week you may list “13 things on my mind” and maybe the next week you’d list “my top 13 favorite movies”.

Is it just me or are the Thursdays rolling around pretty quickly? I can't believe this is my 3rd week of Thursday 13! This week I am tackling the letter C. If you have missed A & B, you can find them in the previous Thursday posts. I am too lazy to post the links here to make it easy for you. :o) On with the fun!

(Added note: I started this post at 9:00 this morning and am now getting back to it at 10:00p.m. tonight. At least it's still Thursday!)

1. Crayons ~ We have like a bazillion of them. And they are always getting stepped on. Or lost. Or eaten.

2. Cartoons ~ Dora, Diego, Blue, Wubzy, Backyardigans, Wonder Pets, Miss Spider's Sunny Patch, Oswald, Maggie and the Ferocious Beast, Little Bill, Little Bear, Pinky Dinky Doo...You name it, I've probably seen it. And I could give you a pretty good run for your money in a trivia contest about any of them. ;o)

3. Cinderella ~ Abbie's current favorite Princess.

4. Concessions ~ Had to work 'em at the baseball field tonight. That's part of the reason for the late posting. It was fun ~ I am now an expert Frito pie maker and hot chocolate getter. Yes ~ hot chocolate! It was about 50 degrees with the sun going down so it got cooler and cooler as the evening wore on. Good news ~ John's team won 9-3!

5. Ciabatta ~ Yummy, yummy, yummy bread! One of our famiy favorites.

6. Casey ~ One of our cats. Unlike Blackie from last week, Casey is orange. He is 11 years old and his first name was Cassie. The farmer we got him from first told us he was a girl. The boys were little then and loved the Power Rangers (the original ones) and the pink ranger's name was Cassie. When we took him to the vet, he said no, it's a male cat. So the boys changed his name to Casey. Now, won't you sleep better tonight knowing the whole Casey story? :o)

7. Car ~ John will be 16 this summer and thinks he needs a car. We live 3 blocks from the high school. I don't think he should hold out too much hope. ;o)

8. Cookies, candy, and cake ~ Too easy for me to take up 3 spots on the list with these items so combined them in one. Chocolate chip, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and chocolate with cream cheese frosting. Enough said.

9. Crib ~ Joey will be 5 soon, but he still sleeps in his crib. He is still small enough to be in it and it is comfortable for him. He is really close to climbing out of it even with moving it away from his dresser every night. (if his crib is next to his dresser, he climbs on top of it). When he learns how to get out, I'm not sure what we'll do. I don't know if he would stay in a toddler bed.

10. Columbus ~ The town we live in. C'mon, it's late, I'm tired and grasping at straws for C words.

11. Commercials ~ Fortunately, I don't have to watch too many of them. Thank goodness for DVR! And I can't believe companies pay like a gajillion dollars for spots during the Super Bowl. Think of all the good that could be done with all that money!

12. Chickens ~ Scared to death of them. Actually, scared to death of any feathery bird type creatures. They just freak me out. If they get too close, I cover my head and run the opposite direction screaming like a maniac. Seriously.

13. Caballine ~ Our word of the week. It means of, like or pertaining to or suited to a horse.




I promise to make the blogging rounds Friday and do my catching up from the week. Have a terrific weekend!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hopefully i can join in soon! :)

    you make me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, you're scared of chickens? It's funny, but I understand.

    Great list and I am so glad you are playing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Thursday 13 thing... Scared of chickens? I have a friend who is also scared to death of any birds, so I understand. I thinks it funny, but I understand..

    ReplyDelete

Thank your for stopping by our blog! Your kind comments are appreciated!

Our Guestbook