Happy Friday! Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your family and friends. I originally got this in an email and thought it would be a fun idea for a blog post. Feel free to play along and make your own blog post ~ tag, you're it!
One rule is to try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Okay, here's the questions I answered:
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both ~ I like to have presents wrapped but if I'm pressed for time I will throw them in a gift bag
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial
3. When do you put up the tree? The day after Thanksgiving although this year we might have to have a smaller version sitting on the table or somewhere because I just know that Joey's favorite pastime will be trying to knock the tree down! LOL
4. When do you take the tree down? Sometime within the week after Christmas
5. Do you like eggnog? No
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I loved my roller skates!
7. Hardest person to buy for? My son John ~ 15 is a hard age to buy for!
8. Easiest person to buy for? Joey ~ as long as it plays music and comes in a box he can play with he's content! :o)
9. Do you have a nativity scene? yes ~ Precious Moments
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail ~ I still put my faith in the good old USPS
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Shawn gave me some silverware and plastic bowls one year. Useful? Yes. Fun? Not so much.
12. Favorite Christmas movie? National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Chevy Chase rocks!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? The week before
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Red pickles
16. Lights on the tree? yes
17. Favorite Christmas song! What Child Is This?
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Let's see...You know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen. Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen. But do you recall ~ the most famous reindeer of all?! Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, had a very shiny... sorry ~ the only way I can ever remember all the reindeer is to go through that song! ;o)
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel
21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning? Shawn and I and the kids open presents on Christmas morning.
22 . Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Too many people everywhere I try to shop!! And I hate being cold!! (It was 8 degrees when I took the kids to school this morning. Brrrrr!!!!)
23. Favorite Ornament theme or color? Our tree gets decorated with ornaments the kids have made and other sentimental ornaments.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? My mother-in-law makes prime rib for Christmas Eve. Yum, Yum!!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Peace and good will towards men. And oh yeah, a new camera and a huge trash can to put our garbage in when we take it outside. ;o)