Thursday, December 4, 2008
Carissa @ Butterfly Kisses gave me this cool award. Thanks Carissa! It is the nicest thing to get blog awards from other friendly bloggers. It really makes my day! Of course, there are some rules attached to this award: "When you receive the prize, you must write a post showing it, together with the name of who has given it to you, and link them back. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in their content or design. Show their names and links and leave them a comment informing that they were prized with 'Honest Weblog'. List [if you can and/or dare] at least ten honest things about yourself. Then, pass it on!"
So here are 10 honest things about me:
1. For those of you that are wondering, I am 38 years old. I was born June 6, 1970. I am having a hard time with 40 looming in front of me and try not to think about it too much. When 2010 gets here, I will probably have a major freak out.
2. I was 22 years old when Shawn and I got married and had my first baby at the age of 23. Tommie came along when I was 25. Then there was a tiny break and Joey was born when I was 33, close to 34. Then Emma when I was 34, and Abbie when I was 35, a week before my 36th birthday. If someone would have told me when I had my first baby at 23 that I would still be having babies when I was 35, I would have said you are crazy!
3. I am a compulsive hand washer. I wash my hands after every single thing I do. Which accounts for my beautiful dry, cracked, red, sore hands. I especially have a hard time in public restrooms. I use paper towels to touch faucets, handles, etc. I get really irritated when the only thing to dry my hands is one of the blower things. If I don't have paper towels, I will get some clean toilet paper to touch things with. Oh yeah, and don't get me started about touching raw meat.
4. I dislike feet. The only feet I will touch besides mine are my children's feet. It's weird, I know. I rarely walk around barefoot or in socks. I wear my shoes usually from the minute I get up until I go to bed. I got my first pedicure a few weeks ago which was wonderful. But the whole time I was thinking how could this woman touch feet all day! I could never do that! LOL
5. Don't hold this against me, but my least favorite holiday is the 4th of July. I'm sorry, I just don't like it. Don't get me wrong, I love to watch a big fireworks display but that's about it. I get very nervous when the boys are lighting fireworks ~ I am deathly afraid someone is going to get hurt. Plus, where we live, they start selling fireworks 10 days before the 4th. I think this is ridiculous. You hear firecrackers from morning til night for 10 days straight. Give me a break!
6. Someday I would like to write a book. I'm not sure what about yet, but it's just something I want to try to do.
7. When I put salt and pepper on my food, I always put the salt on first and then the pepper. Any one else out there who does it this way?
8. When we eat a meal at home and if I help myself to seconds, I always have to have a different plate. Don't ask me why ~ just another freaky thing I do. I also don't like one food to touch another food. And unfortunately, I have passed this quirky habit on to our oldest, John. Only he takes it a step further and will only eat one type of food at a time. For instance, he will eat all the mac and cheese before he moves on to the hot dog. And I'm sure he's happy I'm sharing this with all of you. :o)
9. I drink too much soda. I love Coca Cola and Pepsi. And not diet either. And I prefer to have it in a glass with ice and love to chew on the ice. My apologies if anyone has a thing against ice chewers. ;o)
10. One more...this is tough to think up 10 things I am willing to share with blogland. Ummmmm ~ I hate doing dishes and laundry? I know all the names of the Backyardigans and Wonder Pets? No, this has to be a really good one. Let's see...how about I tell you that I don't remember the last time I cleaned our bathroom toilet and sink or mopped our kitchen floor? These are chores that have just kind of fallen on Shawn's shoulders the last few years. It's hard to do these things with the little ones running around all the time and so he has taken over which is fine with me. He doesn't seem to mind and does a good job. But don't tell him that secretly I like to mow the lawn. His job keeps him outside a lot so the last thing he wants to do when he gets home is be outside. So with some complaining and grumbling, I will go mow when he gets home from work while he stays in with the kids.
Now for the last part. There are so many great blogs whose wonderful content I enjoy, it's hard to limit my choices to only 7. I wouldn't want to leave anyone out. So if you like this award and want to share some Honest Scrap about yourself, please feel free to do so! This way everyone's a winner!