www.flickr.com
items in CdLS Awareness through Photos More in CdLS Awareness through Photos pool

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Homecoming Dance...

Well, our first Homecoming Dance experience has come and gone. And I am happy to say we survived. John and his date Kortney had a good time ~ and you can see from the pictures they make a very cute couple! :o) Unfortunately, they don't let parents into the school to see the gym or anything ~ when I asked John about the decorations he said "It was dark." So I will have to get the scoop on that from someone else. I suppose they figure it would take too much time to get families in and out so the kids can have time to enjoy the dance. It was almost 10:00 before they got there, as the dance doesn't start until after the football game is over. Shawn & I both accompanied John to pick his date up ~ I of course wanted pictures and it gave us a chance to meet Kortney's parents. We didn't embarrass him too much ~ I promise! And so another milestone in one of our children's lives is behind us. I managed not to shed a tear Friday ~ I handled it better than I thought I would. I know, I know, the date is wrong on the pictures ~ I am in desperate need of a new camera (Santa are you listening??). Ever since I dropped it at the airport this summer, the bottom has to be taped shut or the batteries fall out. Plus, I've had it for quite a few years. (Again ~ Santa, are you listening??) Enjoy the pics!


Aren't they cute!




He is opening the car door for her!


In front of the school

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like they had a great time...and I'm glad you survived too (it's so hard to let them go!!). Love the pics; John looks very handsome and his date is lovely.

    They grow up so fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh they do look so cute together.. I can't believe he is that old already.. Well i'm glad he had a good time and you survived :) i would have cried.. Well take care..

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute! those days are around the corner for me! YIKES!

    love all of the pics that you have shared from the past 16 years! i have been meaning to comment on them. congrats!! you have such a beautiful family! your family is an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank your for stopping by our blog! Your kind comments are appreciated!

Our Guestbook