www.flickr.com
items in CdLS Awareness through Photos More in CdLS Awareness through Photos pool

Saturday, September 27, 2008

6 pictures sums up 16 years...

The following post was originally posted on our temporary blog on Friday, September 26:

16 years ago today, Shawn and I were married in a lovely ceremony in our small hometown of Albion. The weather was beautiful, everything went off without a hitch, and so began our life for the next 16 years. The six pictures I posted pretty much sum up our lives the past 16 years ~ our wedding picture from 1992, bringing John home in 1993, Tommie in 1996, and then the babies ~ Joey, Emma & Abbie in 2004,2005, and 2006 respectively. The times in between have been filled with many joys, sorrows, laughter and tears. Not everything has always gone smoothly, but those times are greatly outweighed by the good times. Today as I do a little reflecting, I am eternally grateful for all the blessings that have been bestowed on us. I know you're wondering if Shawn and I will get to sneak away for a romantic dinner or evening on the town tonight. The answer is no ~ we will be spending the evening sending our oldest, John, on his way to his first Homecoming dance with his girlfriend so it's a big night for our household. I can't believe my baby is going to a high school dance! At least this year he isn't old enough to drive on his own yet so we will still get to give them a ride. Hopefully this will make it a little less emotionally difficult for us old foggies. I hope he has a great time ~ don't worry, I'll embarrass him by taking lots of pictures! This morning when John was on his way out the door to school, I said "Hey - don't you have anything to say to me today?" He replies "Oh yeah, Happy Birthday! See you later!" I have trained him well. Thanks for the wishes, John.



Our wedding day ~ Sept. 26, 1992

John 1993

Tommie 1996

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank your for stopping by our blog! Your kind comments are appreciated!

Our Guestbook