Friday, June 12, 2009
Thursday 13 - Week 12 edition L
Welcome back to my very own version of Thursday 13 - Friday style! We have had a hectic couple of days (so what else is new?) but for me the lateness of this post is bordering on Thursday 13 - Saturday Edition! I know I could do Friday 14 or Saturday 16 or Sunday 17 or something like that but I am going to stick with my commitment to myself and do these Thursday 13 posts until I reach the light at the end of the tunnel - the letter Z! (Also, 13 words that start with the same letter each week is enough for me - let alone 14, 15, or more! lol) I can't let myself get down dwelling on the reality of an alphabetical Thursday 13 promise - i.e., it's a commitment that might get me committed, there are some scary things out there like Q, W and X, and also the haunting thought that by the time I am done with these 26 posts, a half of year of my life will have passed by! Ok Rachelle - deep breath and on with the show!
1. Love - There can't be an L themed post without the best L word of all - Love!
2. Laughter - There is not a lot that is more sweeter sounding to my ears than the sound of a child's laughter!
3. Live - I might as well go for it - live, laugh, love as the saying goes!
4. Loops - Fruit Loops cereal is a favorite amongst the little ones around here!
5. Lottery - Who wouldn't love to win the lottery! I don't play much so I guess I can't complain that I haven't won! I get an occasional Powerball ticket when the pot gets big or a $1 scratch ticket here and there.
6. License - John will be getting his driver's license next month!
7. Laundry - We are never caught up! It is an endless chore in a household of 7 people!
8. Lamp - Joey sleeps with a small lamp on his his room. If we try to shut it off after he goes to sleep he wakes up so we just leave it on all night. Then we have to remove it as soon as he gets out of bed in the mornings or he will pull it right off the dresser.
9. Linebacker - John's position on the high school football team.
10. Lollipops - One or two lollipops on reserve in one's purse solves a lot of one's problems!
11. Labrador - We used to have a dog named Maggie who was a black lab/retriever mix. Unfortunately she passed away in 2004 from heart failure. She was a good old dog!
12. Learn - I am so amazed at all the new things Joey learns every day!
13. Lacustrine - The L word of the week. It means: of or relating to or living near lakes.
Thanks for joining in the L letter fun! Come back next Thursday (or Friday?!?) for massive mountains of M fun!