Blog Challenge: 25 Random Things About Your Child With CdLS
This week's blog challenge is part 2 of 2. Last week you posted 25 random things about YOU as part of our yearly introductions. This week post 25 Random Things About Your Child with CdLS so we can get to know him or her better.
Well, I didn't get a chance to do last week's blog challenge, so I am going to roll it all into one big post. It's kind of hard to think of 25 things just about me, so I am making the first list into 25 random things about our family to help everyone get to know them a little bit better too. Then Joey will get his list all to himself. Are you ready? Here goes...
1. There is rarely a quiet moment in our house. With 7 people, 3 cats and a hectic schedule there isn't too much down time.
2. I dislike cooking. I used to like it but since our family has gotten so big it is more of a chore than anything. Sorry guys! Luckily Tommie has taken a shine to cooking and he's pretty good at it so I usually have a helper.
3. Emma and Abbie are the bosses of the house. And we all know it.
4. I never walk around barefoot. I always have shoes on. Even my "slippers" are an old pair of slip-on sandal type things. I also don't like feet.
5. Shawn & John make fun of me because of #4. They always try to touch me with their feet.
6. I go to our local Goodwill store at least once a week. I find some pretty good bargains! Last week I found a Lego table just like the one Joey played with when we went to high school for $3.00! It's something he didn't have and he loves it!
7. 25 things are a lot of things to think of. This is only #7 and I am already stuck!
8. Shawn and I have been married for 16 years. Yeah I know...boring! I'll try to think of some better stuff...
9. I love blogging. I love all the friendships I've made with people I might never have known. It is good for feeding the soul.
10. John is more of a laid back kind of guy. He loves sports and gives his all no matter what season it is. He also has a very special way with Joey and can always make him laugh. He gets very good grades.
11. Tommie is our go-getter. He loves sports too and always wants to be busy doing something. He is our social butterfly. He also gets very good grades.
12. Emma is Daddy's "pretty girl". She loves to play on the computer. She is also loving Barbies now. It's so great to find tiny barbie shoes everywhere and have naked Barbies all over. I don't know if it's just our house or not, but none of the dollies ever have clothes on.
13. Abbie is our baby. She is very affectionate and likes to do whatever Emma is doing. They play together pretty well with the occasional screaming match or hair pulling incidents.
14. Shawn is very good about helping out around the house. He is a great Dad. He likes to play with the little ones and give the older ones a hard time. He also loves attending their sporting events.
15. Some people think I am very organized but really I am not. Oh, I know where everything is that I need, there is just no system to it. It's something I'm working on.
16. 25 things are a lot of things to think of. Did I already mention that?
17. My Mom has Multiple Sclerosis. She was diagnosed about 5 years ago.
18. I like to write poetry. Usually I am inspired by something or write a poem for a special occasion. I am not crafty but would like to be.
19. I do not like to do laundry. I don't mind washing it but hate folding it and putting it away. When our dryer was broken we were actually more organized with our laundry situation than we are now that the dryer is replaced. Does that make sense?
20. I drink too much soda and not enough water. I am also a chronic ice chewer.
21. Shawn and I like to watch American Idol and Survivor. Of course we have to DVR everything and watch after the kids go to bed.
22. I'm not sure if any of us get enough sleep ~ except maybe the little ones.
23. I don't like the smell of ketchup or BBQ sauce. I will eat it but I can't let myself smell it. Try and figure out that trick!
24. John only eats one type of food at a time. For instance, say we are having hot dogs and mac & cheese. He will eat all the hot dog before he eats the macaroni. Strange-right?
25. We love all of our children dearly. Our life may not be perfect a lot of the time but it's our life and we wouldn't change a thing. (Except maybe to win the lottery! lol) We thank God every day for the many blessings he has given us.
And now for Joey's list....
1. He has the greatest giggle. When he really gets to laughing it is the funniest thing. His laugh is infectious. He just knows how to make people feel good.
2. He loves macaroni & cheese and Honey Buns.
3. He hates cold weather and the wind. I can't blame him ~ I don't like those things either.
4. He sleeps very well at night. On rare occasions he will get up in the middle of the night but not too often.
5. He loves Legos.
6. He loves light switches.
7. He loves music. Especially playing his pianos.
8. He loves to knock things over. Then he claps his hands and laughs.
9. He loves to torment his sisters and not let them forget that he is the big brother. He has been known to pull their hair and laugh.
10. He loves it when his big brothers play with him.
11. His favorite place to be is in his room.
12. He only takes one kind of medicine. It is a Prevacid solutab every other day. He also has eyedrops we put in when his eyes get sore.
13. He hates having his eyedrops put in.
14. He does not like to go to the doctor. Nothing personal to any of his doctors ~ they are all very nice. I just think he has been poked, prodded and held down so much he knows whats coming whenever we go to a doctor's office.
15. He will not wear hats or hoods of any kind. Or mittens.
16. He prefers to have his shoes on. (Hmmmm..I wonder who he takes after?)
17. He loves taking a bath. It was not always like that. It used to take 2 of us to give him a bath because he hated it so much. I'm not even sure what he got would constitute a bath. Now he hates to get out of the bath.
18. Joey eats everything orally. He has never had to be tube fed.
19. He loves to go to school. His social skills have really come a long way.
20. He loves to go to therapy. It wasn't always that way. We used to only be able to stay 10 or 15 minutes and then we would leave because he was so upset. Now, most of the time he doesn't want to leave.
21. He loves to climb on things. Anything.
22. He loves to figure out how things work. And he's really good at it.
23. He like to open and close things.
24. His favorite toy right now would have to be the Dora Magical Welcome House. It makes noise and has lots of cool stuff with it. And of course, he can knock it over and really make his sisters mad.
25. he is the greatest teacher I know.
Thanks for taking the time to get to know us better!