www.flickr.com
items in CdLS Awareness through Photos More in CdLS Awareness through Photos pool

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Back from the Conference

We are back from the CdLS Conference -- actually we have been back since Sunday but it has taken me this long to find the time for a blog post. The conference was amazing -- a little overwhelming at first but it didn't take long for us to feel at home with all of the wonderful people we met. The families, the children, the CdLS Foundation staff and volunteers -- they all felt like old friends even though we hadn't met any of them in person until the conference. We arrived Wednesday evening and Joey tolerated the plane ride very well. I wasn't sure what to expect from him, but he was a very good boy. Thursday was the registration and from 5-7 there was a pasta dinner. On Friday, there were various workshops to attend, and Joey managed to win the hearts of a few Girl Scouts providing daycare. In the evening, there was an ice cream social and a musician playing songs for the kids. Saturday there were some general sessions and a wonderful banquet and dancing in the evening. Unfortuantely, we had to catch our flight at 8a.m. on Sunday so we missed the farewell breakfast but said our good-byes Saturday night. It's hard for me to put this whole experience into words, although a few of the parents I met said it is a life changing experience and I would have to agree with that. The feelings and emotions that I felt were somewhat overwhelming at times, and it's great to know and to have the support of people that are going through the exact same thing. The CdLS staff are the best, and I thank them for all the kindness and caring shown to everyone. I also want to thank Ashley for making the journey with us, I couldn't have done it alone. I am in the process of uploading a video that we have of a few different moments over the weekend, and I am also going to post some photos -- hopefully I will have some time to finish up over the weekend. We hope everybody has a safe and happy 4th of July!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you had a positive experience at the conference - it is great that you were able to go and meet so many neat people...and learn some too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank your for stopping by our blog! Your kind comments are appreciated!

Our Guestbook