www.flickr.com
items in CdLS Awareness through Photos More in CdLS Awareness through Photos pool

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering 9/11...

Like most of America, I remember where I was and what I was doing when I first heard about the attack on the Twin Towers. I was working at a daycare at the time (this was before we had the little ones) and a coworker and I had the children outside on the playground. My coworker's daughter called her, and told her about the attack and what was all over the television stations. When she relayed the information to me, I was stunned. We couldn't believe what was happening. When we went inside, we turned on the radio and tried to comprehend what we were hearing. Of course, we could only catch bits and pieces as we still had our jobs to do, but kept hoping and praying that things weren't as bad as they seemed. When I went home for lunch and turned on the news, I couldn't believe my eyes. I had yet to see any coverage, and the images that were being shown overwhelmed me. I could not even begin to imagine what these people were going through. So today, on the anniversary of one of the most tragic events in our nations history, my heart goes out to all the victims, their families, the police officers, firefighters, medical personal, and volunteers who were most directly affected by this horrific tragedy. They will all be in my thoughts and prayers today. If you would like to share the story of where you were or what was happening in your life on 9/11, please feel free to do so. I would love to hear any rembrances about the day all of America changed. Thank you and may God Bless America.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank your for stopping by our blog! Your kind comments are appreciated!

Our Guestbook